Kenya is developing and along with that energy consumption of the country is also developing. So, if you can open an energy company, there are some huge opportunity available.
In this article, I will discuss how you can successfully start the registration process for Energy Company in Kenya.
Research Your Business Idea
Before you venture into Energy Company in Kenya, it is essential that you understand the energy consumption pattern in Kenya and find out what type of energy is in more demand. As an entrepreneur, it is necessary to understand the pattern of demand so that you can plan out accordingly.
Kenya is mainly dependant on electricity for commercial and residential consumption. Therefore, the government is exploring ways to reduce the dependence on electricity and looking more towards green energy.
Once you have finalized about the type of Energy Company that you want to start, it’s time to name the company. A lot of things depend upon the name and hence it is important that you choose it depending upon the type of business you are in, in this case, Energy Company. It is advisable to suggest at least two (2) company name so that you increase your chances of company name going through. Please ensure that your company name is unique, in order to have a better chance of approval. This will save you time and money.
Most name searches are carried out through eCitizen where you can check the availability of your company name. Once your company name is approved, it will be reserved for 30 days starting from the date it was approved.
Please make sure that your company name contains ‘Limited’ or ‘Ltd’ at the end, for example – Dealpoa Limited or Dealpoa Ltd. If you don’t indicate that your company is a limited company during the name search, you won’t be able to register your limited company.
Once your company name search is approved and reserved, you will be able to register your energy company. You’ll need to collect your requirements on company details and directors details that will be used to prepare the following company documents;
- Company Registration Form (Form CR1)
- Memorandum (Form CR2)
- Notice of Residential Address of Director(s) of Company (Form CR8)
- Statement of Nominal Capital (Stamp Duty Form)
When the company documents have been generated, you’ll need to have it signed by each director, then Company Registry will process them and issue a certificate of incorporation and CR12 Letter.
Foreign Energy Company
If you are a foreigner looking to set up an energy company in Kenya, there are always additional requirements that you will need to comply with. In the process of company registration, there are four ways of setting up a foreign company as shown below;
- Register a Foreign Company with a Kenyan Partner as Director
- Register a Foreign Company with Nominee Director
- Opening a Branch of an Existing Foreign Company
- Register a Foreign Company Fully Owned by Foreign Nationals
- Acquire an Existing Company Previously Owned by Kenyans
You can see a full step by step guide for foreign company registration.
Are You Ready? Register Your Company Today!
We are excited that you want to register your limited company and we are happy to get everything started so you can start trading soon. Here are the step by step guide on how we will assist you to register your limited company;
Step 1: Pricing Plans
You will need to select which registration package you prefer;
- Lite Plan – Ksh. 20,000 – Includes Company Name Search, Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum, CR12 Letter only.
- Premium Plan – Ksh. 40,000 – Includes Company Name Search, Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum, CR12 Letter, Company KRA PIN, VAT Registration, Tax Compliance Certificate Registration, Lipa Na Mpesa Account Registration, Business Cash Advance Facility, Masterpass QR Registration, Website Design, SSL Certificate for Website, Domain Name (.COM or .CO.KE), Web Hosting (10GB Disk Space), Unlimited Company Email Accounts, Logo Design, Business Card Design, Letterhead Design and Business Consultancy.
Step 2: Requirement Form
Please download and fill this Requirement Form below with your information.
Click on this link to download the Company Registration Requirements Form [Word Version, 3 Pages, Size: 19.7KB]
Step 3: Registration Order
Once you complete your company requirement form, you will need to upload it on the registration order below and submit your order.