New Dental Appointment Scheduling Review Hamad Medical Corporation is reviewing all patient referral records to determine the right course of action for each referral and provide feedback to patients who are waiting for an appointment.
HMC’s Dental Service provides special dental care to patients, specifically acute care that should be delivered in a hospital setting and may not be available elsewhere in Qatar.
Please be advised that in accordance with Qatar’s Ministry of Public Health policy, dental services are offered through public healthcare facilities, ranging from primary health centers to specialist hospitals.
Hamad Dental Services focus predominantly on delivering specialist dental care to patients, specifically acute care that should be delivered in a hospital setting and may not be available elsewhere in Qatar.
Primary Health Care Corporation provides general dental care in the majority of their health centers located conveniently around the country.
Qatar Red Crescent Workers Health Centers in Mesaimeer and Al Hemaila provide targeted dental services in the industrial catchment area, predominantly for single men.
Your feedback is importantDue to high demand for dental services, Hamad Dental Center is checking all patient referral records in order to ensure more appropriate delivery of dental care to those who are eligible.
Kindly complete a short online form to help us assess your dental service requirements so we can advise you further regarding treatment options. Please click here to submit your details.
All information is treated confidentially by HMC’s patient record team.
Using HMC’s dental services
RegistrationAll patients must have a valid health card in order to receive dental treatment from any public sector healthcare provider. AssessmentPlease make an appointment at your local primary health center dentist for an initial assessment. If they feel your condition requires specialist care, you may receive a referral to Hamad Medical Corporation.
If appropriate, we may recommend that you visit your local primary health center dentist or a private dental clinic.
Please note that HMC cannot guarantee to provide the treatment you need unless your requirements meet the criteria. Eligibility for treatment is based on the following criteria; at least one of these should apply to you:
- You are a GCC national,
- You are exempted from payment of health services fees (this includes children who have a Qatari mother but may not have a Qatari passport)
- You are a citizen who has been living in Qatar for a long time and has no way of leaving the country (such as Palestinians who only have identity papers but no passports)
- You are a patient with special needs
- You are a patient with a disability
- You are classified as a ’medically compromised’ patient who should only be treated in a hospital setting where any potential emergency issues can be immediately addressed and managed in a controlled manner. Medically compromised patients include those who may have a significant bleeding problem, heart disease, cancer, an infectious disease or a chronic illness.
Treatment LocationsSubject to confirmation, treatment can be provided in one of the following locations:
- Hamad Dental Center in Doha (next to Rumailah Hospital)
- The dental clinic at Al Wakra Hospital,
- The dental clinic at Al Khor Hospital
If you are not registered with a dentist you can you can find a list of private licensed dental practices from the Ministry of Public Health website: http://www.qchp.org.qa/en/Pages/SearchPractitionersPage.aspx
Hamad Dental Services allows patients to access specialized oral and dental care at our state-of-the-art Hamad Dental Center and across several other locations within Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC). Helping our patients achieve and maintain good oral health is our priority.
Services range from routine dental procedures, such as exams and fillings, to more complex procedures, including root canals and restorations. However, the Hamad Dental Service focuses on acute and specialized care services and aligns its care delivery with Primary Health Care dental services.
As part of our strategic philosophy, Hamad Dental Services see the role of oral health as integral to general health. HMC urges everyone to practice good oral hygiene every day and learn more about the value good oral health contributes in the prevention of diseases such as cardiovascular and diabetes.
At the Hamad Dental Center, we value your time and feedback as we care for your oral health. Patients no longer have to visit our facilities to make an appointment.
Hamad Dental Center has developed new pathways for referrals from your primary health dentist or a private clinic. Once patients have been referred, a member of our Call Center will contact them to arrange an appointment, and also send an SMS reminder prior to their appointment. Appointments will be made based on procedures and the urgency of a patient’s case; therefore, the most urgent cases will be seen first.
You can contact us:
By phone: In Qatar on Tel 16060, or if you are overseas, you can call us on 0097444395777.
HMC Customer Service Center – Nesma’ak – 16060 (Sunday to Thursday 7am to 10pm, Friday 2pm to 10pm, and Saturday 10am to 6pm)
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Hamad Dental Center, Hamad Medical Corporation, P.O. Box 3050, Doha – Qatar
Hamad Dental Services operates the model of care predicated on the notion of “One Service, Multiple Locations.” Dental services are located across select HMC facilities and within the Hamad Dental Center to provide ongoing care in a facility located more conveniently to where patients live.
The Dental Services at HMC offer our patients a unique range of specialized dental care including: Endodontics, Prosthodontics, Orthodontics, Periodontics, Pediatric Dentistry, Special Need Dentistry, Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, and Orofacial Pain.
Hamad Dental services are delivered across five HMC facilities:
Hamad Dental Center
Hamad Dental Center offers tertiary care dental services, providing patients a wide range of dental specialty care in Qatar.
Rumailah Hospital, Rumailah Area, Doha City.
Sunday to Wednesday 07:00 to 22:00
Thursday 07:00 to 15:00
Department of Dentistry at Al Wakra Hospital
Al Wakra Hospital offers referral based, comprehensive specialty services, including a dental laboratory, special needs clinic and radiology services.
Al Wakra Hospital, Gate 7, Al Wakra City.
Sunday to Wednesday 07:00 to 19:00
Thursday 07:00 to 15:00Map
Department of Dentistry at Al Khor Hospital
Al Khor Hospital offers limited, specialized dental services.
Al Khor Hospital, Al Khor City.
Sunday to Thursday 07:00 to 15:00 Map
Department of Dentistry at The Cuban Hospital
The Cuban Hospital provides specialized dental services, a dental laboratory and dental radiology.
The Cuban Hospital, Dukhan City.
Sunday to Wednesday 07:00 to 21:00
Thursday 07:00 to 15:00Map
Pediatric Dentistry at The Bone and Joint Center
HMC’s Pediatric Dental Services is pleased to provide care for our youngest patients, including infants, children and adolescents up to the age of 18. We teach children how to care for their teeth and educate parents on how to foster healthy oral habits. We offer general exams and cleanings to our pediatric patients in a gentle, comfortable environment.
Al Meena Street, Old Salata Area, Doha City.
Sunday to Wednesday 7:00 to 19:30
Thursday 07:00 to 15:00
How to get a dental referral or a dental appointment?
Follows three easy steps:
Goto your nearest Primary Health Care Center or private practice to see a dentist who will decide if you need to be referred to see a specialist
Talkto the Patient Contact Center, Nesma’ak, at Hamad Medical Corporation who will telephone you after you have been referred to book an appointment. Tel16060 (if you are overseas, you can reach them on 0097-444395777).
Visitthe dental facility where you have your appointment; make sure you arrive well in advance to check in and ensure you have brushed you teeth before you arrive.Important information –
In our effort to help make your dental appointment easier, please keep in mind the following points:
- Patients do not need to visit the dental facility at HMC to make an appointment; once you have been referred, the Patient Contact Center will call you to arrange an appointment.
- Appointments at our specialist dental clinics operate on fixed appointment times, so only patients with an appointment will be seen. We will not be able to see patients who do not have an appointment. If you need to be seen in an emergency, you should visit your Primary Health Care Center or private practice.
- Arrive early and give yourself enough time to complete registration forms, complete payments at the cashier, get to know the staff and relax before your appointment. It’s hard to feel comfortable in the dental chair when you’re feeling rushed.
- Bring a long your Qatar ID, Hamad Health card, referral letter and any other document that might be of use for your appointment
- Accompanying your child. Children must come to their dental appointment with their parent or legal guardian or they will not receive treatment. Sending a nanny or driver is inappropriate and will not suffice to treatment to be administered.
- Administer oral care before your dental appointment – This means cleaning your teeth well before you attend your scheduled treatment.